Sunday, September 15, 2013

Did anyone get the number of that bus?

  It's been a couple or more days since I posted up anything. My friend Dennis Folk from Dallas came to visit on Friday, and I think it's a touch rude to post away while company twiddles their thumbs. Once again my lack of rapid communication skills frustrates me, but it wasn't as bad this time. Not because I didn't have anything to say, just that I didn't let it bother like it normally does. We visited about what's going on with each other and our families. Dennis regaled my oldest with stories of our youth (i believe he lied on most of them, or i had an evil twin), and we laughed a lot. I sound like a steam engine with a nasty valve leak when I laugh, but that makes me laugh harder.  We went to a couple of estate sales, and a garage sale. Dennis found 4 Body Glove west suits for $20, and they didn't look like they'd been used. A steal I believe. Liz went out with her friend Cheri to supper at Saltgrass, that left Dennis, Sarah, and me to have fun on our own. Of course, watching UT lose again was priceless, same with Texas A&M, but we had to kill some time. So, we played Rummy, had a drink, and watched the tube. I had a blast. Dennis stomped our asses. We laughed. I made a discovery early this morning. The consumption of any alcoholic beverages, even mixed, and on a full stomach, just ain't gonna cut it anymore. I could taste the drink on a sip from a spoon, but had to run it into the feeding tube. I didn't get way lit up, but I sure feel like I've been run over by a bus. Hence today's title. It's always a bit sad for me to see friends leave, a bit more so now even. But I sure do like seeing them. I'll be glad to hit McPherson Ks, and The Celtober Throw Down in Keller Tx the last of this month and the last of October respectively. There are a lot of really good people I need to hug and tell good bye. Those may be the last chances I get to do so for a lot of them. And again, it'll suck to see them as I leave. Then again, I do get to see them, and that's truly what counts.

  I find myself getting more easily worn out and tired. This was to be expected, but I was hoping that would take a bit longer to start than what it has. I've given my gym membership to my oldest daughter, I tried going back in to lift and do minor cardio at least, and it just caused me to hurt so bad I deemed the gain was not worth the pain. Not just muscle soreness, that's a given and I've dealt with that for years. No, this was stabbing "WTF Rock? Trying to kill yourself?" pain in my neck, face, shoulders and upper back. And it didn't quit. Couple that with my right leg thinking folding up like a cheap lawn chair was okay and it just wasn't worth it any longer. Okay, that or I've become a fanatical wussy. Either way I begged off training. What I do is use the little stretch strap things they gave me back in April. It's not great, but it's better than nothing I'm sure.  Accepting the fact that I can't lift or jog about anymore suck ass for Snickers bars. I don't like it, I don't relish the fact that I've had to stop, and I am loathe to just sit. It's like giving up one more piece of my independence. I need to find some loud mouth that's yelling at some young woman about how his coffee isn't hot enough, then just nut the holy shit out of him. And while that's only a short term fix, it's immediate gratification, and I could use some of that today. No, I've never nutted a guy for yelling at any of the young women in any coffee shop. I have, however, spoken to them about being polite. And when one of them got snotty about it, I slapped his coffee out of his hand. Instant gratification. It's not the right thing, it's the inappropriate thing at the right time that counts. When I used to get those pent up feelings, I would head to the gym, lift until I thought I was gonna puke, come home and shower, and those pent up frustration feelings were gone. I've got to find another channel for those now, or I may get a bit shitty to be around. Mr Temper has been trimming his fuse again. I need to find an outlet for that so he doesn't just sneak around.
 Discovery #4,213,112: I'm more patient with my Grandson than I was my own kids, how does that work? Ive spoken about my good friends before, and I don't think I can say enough how lucky I am in that regard. I've done something right, I guess. They are the ones that generally when we were out having fun, managed to keep me pulled in a touch, and I never noticed until long after that they did that. Sneaky bastards

  It was time to change the trach tube today. Not just the inner piece that I can take out and clean so I can breath better. The entire thing. The one I had in was in place way too long and needed changed.  Discovery #4,213,113: Leave it in until you're finished with your shower before changing everything out. At least in my case. The stoma seemed way tight when I was putting this one back. I don't think it will start permanently close, but I think it relaxes a bit and boy, did I have to shove to get it back in place. I need a quick picture of that one day to show everyone.  Gross and gnarly? Hell yes! But kinda cool as well. I've wondered before, who thought this up? "Go ahead, Bob, cut a hole in his throat, he's choking to death anyway, what have we got to lose, right?". Or was it an accident. "Holy shit, Bob! Look at this! He's got a hollow reed sticking out of his throat and he's breathing through it! What? NO!!! You take it out, I ain't touchin it!". The goofy shit that runs through my head. Of course we know that the biggest strides in modern plastic surgery came forward during WW1. It was very crude compared to today, but it was the beginning of what we know as modern reconstructive surgery. Those guys did near miracle work, given what they knew then and the tools they had to work with.
SIDEBAR! Sarah comes in and says "Shit, I've gained a pound!". Let's see, she's done between 80 and 160 deep knee bends a day, and jogs 15-20 minutes a day for the last 2 weeks. She does not believe daddy that she's added muscle weight. I tell her to stay off the scales. But does she listen? Nooooooooo

 Today's growth fun is once again bleeding like a stuck hog from my throat. Aspirating that stuff is also a blast. I can't think of anything I'd rather do. Unless it's using a cheese grater on my dick. That's almost as fun I'm sure. It's not that I bleed so much I'm gonna pass out from the loss of blood. It's the damn taste of it in my mouth. And it's so far back that I can't effectively suction it out. Watching it shoot down the suction line is a thrill as well. It's a pain in the ass, more than anything, and it kind of sets the tone for the day. I don't feel like I can go running around with the wife, since using the suction somewhere public would freak out the small minded and small children. In all honesty kids tend to be less annoying than adults. They'll ask at least, adults just stare. My faves are the one that stare and shake their heads. Uninformed, closed minded, foolish assholes that they are, they still piss me off. There are differences in stupid people as well. One set are just unable to learn or think far enough ahead that they never learn to grasp complex ideas. The other set are stupid because they can, and won't make the effort, or can't and get angry and mean because they can't.  I'll help a gentle person that's not ever going to grasp the complex all I can, because it's the right thing to do. The other set of stupid people I've got a marker on my ass that says "Pogue" with an arrow and an "X". And they may, as often as they like. Kids on the other hand say "What happened to you?". I got sick. "Oh. Will you get better?" No, I won't get any better. "Oh. That's too bad. What's that thing in your neck for?" So I can breathe better. "Oh. Cool. Okay bye!" How sweet is that, huh? No big long answers. No I'm sorry. Just curious. That's something the "No Dunce Left Behind" tests and things are destroying, and it's why we are becoming a less educated people. We are stifling curiosity. Shame on us.


 Some years ago myself, Dennis, our buddy Big Mike from Chicago, friends Jim, Rick and Rick  had been out sucking up some suds. It was after closing time and the only place open was a truck stop west of the LK on 54 highway. We bust ass out there, grab a big table ahead of the normal drunk rush and start to order. Mike goes first: "Yes, I'd like the open faced roast beef sammich with mashed potatoes, a double cheese burger with fries, the larger fried steak and eggs, add 3 extra eggs, please, the 2 chicken enchilada meal, and a burrito". Waitress started to walk away. "No wait! That's for me, I don't give a shit what these other assholes are eating". We rolled, the look on her face was priceless. He ate everything, and stole a couple of pieces of my toast from my 6 egg omelet to mop up his plates. No, Big Mike wasn't fat. He weight and conditioning trained, and he lugged beef at National Beef all day. He was also tougher than a boot. One night at the infamous Yosemite Sam's, Mike was talking up some pretty good lookin girl when some guy comes up and starts talking shit to him. I told the guy, "Don't, just don't, you'll regret it. Come on, I'll buy you a pitcher and we can talk about it" He called me a prick. Me? Really? Ooookaaaay Mr Knowitfuckingall, good luck.
 So, he braces Mike up. Mike starts to laugh and tell him no, I'm not gonna fight, it'd interrupt me talking my way into this girls pants. The girl looked at him funny, but didn't leave, Mike is still laughing. The dude hits Mike in the chest. Mike never stopped laughing or talking to the girl. He spins the guy around and bear hugs him. Still chuckling and talking to the girl that still hasn't left. Veins start to pop up in Mikes forearms. He's seriously puttin the squeeze on the blabber mouth, tough guy wanna be. I don't know 30 seconds or so the guy kinda stops flopping, his head droops and chin hits his chest. He's out. Mike set him in a chair, tilted his head back so he could have an open airway. And still laughing with the girl who didn't leave, left with her and didn't come back. I think they went to eat and then study the stars. Yeah, that's what they did alright


  Have fun, embrace the goofy (the strange stuff, not the cartoon dog) and live your life like you only had a couple of days of good health left. There may come a time that that is  the case.
 Love y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment