Monday, November 25, 2013

Well, I'm Glad That's Over

   When I got so angry on the steroids, I had lots of collateral damage as well. It really hurt my wife's feelings. Which, of course, is probably the single most idiotic thing I've done.  I wrote I wanted to be alone to stew. Yeah, did that. To the point my wife just shut down herself. Bad thing, that. And while I got lots of support for spouting off, there's a reason why I don't. Because even when I'm not angry any longer, the effects of the things I do still linger. I made my wife upset, the kids upset, and even the damn dog. Was it worth all that? Fuck no, never is worth that. I used to be a pretty scrappy kind of guy, and in all honesty, you never really win a street brawl completely. Something is always hurt. And in this case, someone is hurt. I don't like being angry, never have. Bad shit goes down when I'm angry.
 In any event, we text, wrote and talked it out. I hope that it doesn't have a lot of "after side effects" stuff to do.  One of the new ones is "Daddy says no, so that's okay".  Anyway, I'm going to try and put this behind me. Oft times easier said than done.

  So, I've had my "told ya so moment" with Hospice, again. Only this time it wasn't just me that got fucked over. The damn steroids brought all kinds of bad things to the surface that weren't hurting anything where they were lying. I'll be more prudent, in the future over what a surgeon should or shouldn't do. So much so because I hate the way Dr.'s tell me this is gonna be good for you, ignore, at least that's how it seems, anything I tell them about side effects with the drug and myself. The Dex didn't really help the swelling, but what it did accomplish,  was to prove to myself again that they make me angry. We'll be fine from here on out, I believe.

 Liz said yesterday that she's trying to learn to fix stuff when I'm not around. That she'd like me to help her with that, if I didn't get angry if she messes up. I don't recall, but that's  not unusual, getting angry with her when she was working. I also told her that "I got lucky, a LOT"!. It's true, so much of the stuff that comes around with the house I just guessed up on, and it came out fixed properly and not just cobbled together. It's a bold move she's made. Asking me for help with anything has got to be a pain in the ass. She'll be good at fixing the minor stuff. Probably better if I'd stay out of her hair.

 I'm having some trouble this morning navigating my way around everything. I'm increasingly sleepy. They upped one of my pain meds a little, and that may have something to do with it. Or it's a fact I stayed up too late with that Bozo, and didn't get more than a three hours of sleep last night after all the ice cream I melted into my tube. At any rate, it's  not the recent steroid binge I don't think. Something I thought about last night  for the first time. I thought I'd been staying awake all night so that one of the younger kids won't find me dead in the recliner. I rationalized that if I'm awake, they can't find me dead. That's sorta goofy. It won't matter if I'm awake at 3 AM or not, or if I want to croak about 5 AM, it won't matter. I'm going to kick the bucket on my bodies own schedule. Not the one I want.

 Almost time to head for therapy. If I need, I'll come back to the blog today and clarify things. Mostly because I'm not going to proof read this, so I'll have a weird idea how the noggin reacts to new drugs and all. So far, outside of Abby. This should proven interesting at the least LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment