Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving And Beyond

 It was a good Thanksgiving, all the kids were here, they ate well. We talked a little, I slept a lot. I'm an old party pooper. I've also come to the conclusion that I'm happy I'm fixed, because there is no way in hell I can keep up with a two year old. Poor little dude had sore legs and stuff from growing pains. Yes, I remember those as well. not any fun for kid or parent. YaYa is what we call grandma. I said "Wyatt, that's my YaYa" he said , "No, that Wyatt's YaYa". He did the same thing with his mom. Only with his mom he pointed and me and said "WYATT'S MOMMY". I got the picture. Bowen played with everyone a little. He's here all the time, so I don't know if he felt left out or not. I hope he didn't. Wyatt ran him crazy following him around. I can't be mad about that, because I remember some family doing the same thing to me. All in all it was nice to spend time with all the family. I'm hoping we can all get together again before I croak.

  The best part of that was I had three full days that were above average. I've got some nerve thing in my neck, that when I get a lot of swelling, pinches down some and makes me right arm painful enough my eyes want to leak. Yesterday, a time or two, it was an 11 on a scale of 1-10. I'll let you in on a little secret as well. It makes it a real challenge to type in the blog, or on FB for that matter. Although I surfed FB a lot yesterday, but not much. One thing I do have that helps a little, I've been sleeping more both during the day and at night. That's a good thing, I believe. I do know that I wake up without so much pain, but that's sort of fleeting. Fleeting or no, it's nice to site and listen without the right arm feel like it's going to fall off if someone pulls a cotter pin.
   I really do enjoy just sitting and listening to the family chatter. It's kind of nice not to be blabbing along with the rest. Don't get me wrong, I'd really rather be able to speak and to eat just a little bit to not being able to do either one, but listening has it's advantages as well. I am certainly glad that I got the steroids washed out of my system before they got here. It would have been absolutely no fun to have an anger issue over the Thanksgiving Weekend. NOT

  Beside the really sore and swollen neck I had bleeding going on from Wednesday night until Sunday morning, and just a little  bleeding yesterday and this morning. It's a bit unnerving to wake up, take a shower, and wipe your face to find blood on the towel from your mouth and chin. That was Thursday, and I really wondered about contacting hospice for a few hours. But it is all part of what's going on with me. Even the Doctor said "well, you'll have bleeding that will worsen over time. The pain may or may not increase, but that  is controllable." I think there are a lot of things that they doctors aren't sure about that will either be worse or not nearly as bad as they predicted. Boy, if that's the case I need to come back from the dead and  haunt them for just a while. The one thing the bleeding accomplishes for Baxter is keeping me loaded down in one spot. It's a pain to load up and go anyplace with the damn portable suction pot. I do it, but it's not sexy nor is it easy for me to crank that puppy in public, especially a restaurant. It's noisy and gross. So, rather than get up every minute or so to hit the head to suction my mouth out. It's a pain in the ass, but I do it so I can be with the family. After the steroid incident I need to spend as much time as possible with them and have fun doing so. Generally we do have fun, but it can be a struggle for me if I'm spending a good amount of time hanging out in The Head. It's something that if I can bulldoze over, I can go around, or just ignore and suction when I need to do so. Naaaawww, I'll get up and go the restroom to suction. I've got this thing about upsetting people for no too tea-e

  The bleeding is a pain in the ass, but the swelling is something that I have to try and fix, even for a few days.  It is more than just swelling, it makes my entire face and neck hurt if I let it go for too long. There will come a time, I'm sure, when that just won't be any good any longer. But for now, it does a great amount of good and I get more quality of life than just quantity. It helps my neck and face even away from the swelling. I've have very little around my ride side of my face, and today the swelling on my left jaw line is pulling the right side of my jaw toward it, and is causing some real ouch moments. Such as right now, I can move my head a bit and make the right side of my jaw feel like someone is stabbing it with a knife. Oh my! Then fun I'm having with the cancer shit!


 All the playing catch up is finished. Possibly since I don't feel well today has saved you all from an incredible rant. Lucky you

 So, today's marching orders. There are only 23 days until Christmas. Don't let yourselves become one of those morons that fight over  some dumb assed sale. Try and remember how peaceful the guy we who's birthday we celebrate preached and  not to be so taken with the material things people seem to think make the holiday.

Have fun and keep your mind in the middle

No comments:

Post a Comment